In order to use Helsenorge's services that require you to log in, you must first give your consent for Helsenorge to:
- obtain health data about you from external registries and other sources
- compile and process this data, and create lists based on it, which may be displayed to you in the services
- save the data for as long as is necessary in order for you to use the services
- allow external organisations to contact you.
You can withdraw or amend this consent at any time.
Data that is stored about you will only be retained for as long as is necessary in order for you to use the services. If you withdraw your consent, all data about you will be deleted, except for data concerning consents and opt-outs.
If you give your consent, we will collect data from the National Population Registry, the Agency for Public Management and eGovernment's Contact and Reservation Registry, and the General Practitioner Registry.
You can choose between three levels of consent:
Basic: This is the lowest level of consent which you must give in order to use logged-in services provided on helsenorge.no. This consent gives you access to your own data, with the exception of your patient record. It also gives you access to services which involve such access.
Basic+: This is the same as Basic, except that it also gives you access to services that include your patient record.
Full access: This consent gives you access to all services that are available on Helsenorge.
More information on the various levels of consent is given below:
With this option, you will be able to view data that has been registered about you in the health and care sector, and request correction and deletion of some of this information.
It gives you access to:
- view information about your GP.
- view the status of your exemption card and user fees.
- view data that has been registered about you in the health registry service, such as prescriptions, summary care record and vaccinations. You will not be able to access these services on Helsenorge, but you will be able to view your own data in
- view information about research projects you are taking part in.
- change your GP and add yourself to a waiting list for a GP who currently has no places available.
- request correction of errors in registries.
- manage your profile settings.
- view your consents and opt-outs.
This access level gives the same access as described above, but it also enables you to view medical records from hospitals that healthcare professionals have made available digitally.
This means that in addition to everything that is referred to above under Basic access, you will also be able to:
- view your patient record and entries in it made by healthcare professionals,
- request correction of errors in your patient record.
With full access, you will be able to access all services that are available on Helsenorge. In other words, all the actions referred to above, in addition to viewing information about appointments and test results, and receiving letters, forms, etc. for you to complete.
This option also enables you to:
- renew prescriptions.
- book and manage your appointments.
- communicate with your treatment providers and other healthcare contacts.
- enter your own information in your summary care record.
- use new services that are directly related to prevention, treatment or follow-up of your health.
- keep track of your referrals.
- manage your healthcare contacts.
- take online courses or watch video clips which can help you to improve your health and life situation.